Finding The Best Joomla Editor for you
People have their own taste, no doubt about that.
So what I will try to convey to you is way I think the Editor I use is the best one YOU can work with as well.
The editor I use is not the standard TinyMCE and it is not even the Joomla Editors Choice JCE…
Because with both of them you can get into some strange behavior with it.
Especially if it comes to core HTML Coding.
Must of the editors I have used have strange effects when editing HTML code and then saving the page.
So my favorite is definitely JoomlaCK
I will tell you why I love it!
It is a fast and lightweight WYSIWYG editor, based on FCKeditor.
It is compatible with most Internet browsers like IE 5.5+ (Windows), Firefox 1.0+, Mozilla 1.3+ and Netscape 7+. and Opera.
I use all of these to check the rendering of my websites.
But the best is yet to come:
– CSS support for better integration with your web site
– Font formatting: type, size, color, style, bold, italic, etc
– Text formatting: alignment, indentation, bullets list, etc
– Cut, Paste and Paste as Plain Text, Undo and Redo
– Paste from Word cleanup with auto-detection
– Link and anchors support
Image insertion, with upload and server browsing support
– Table creation and editing (add, delete rows, etc) – one of the best.
– Table cells editing (size, colors, etc)
– Form fields
– Right-click context menus support
– Plugins support
– Spell checker (external freeware ieSpell)
And my favorites
– Multi-language support with automatic user language detection. Including Right to Left scripting.
Yes, it automatically works in your language!
– Complete page editing (also HTML) or just contents.
– Automatic browser detection and customization
And these options makes you forget the rest!
Image and file links upload and server repository browser!
No more going back and forth to upload your images with the media manager!
Just browse your image directory's right from whit-in you Editor.
Upload images the same way, just at the moment you need that file from your hard drive….
Put your images where you want it, how you want it, and of course, give your “alt” tags directly to the images.
For Joomla and other web users, it's simple and easy to use!
So how do you install this JoomlaFCK editor into Joomla?
First, run to the Joomla extension website and Pick Up your JoomlaFCK Mambot
Download the extension and install it like a regular Plugin (Mambot).
After this successful installation, you can set some configuration settings at the site Mambots directory.
Just click on the JoomlaFCK Mambot and set the things you want, I never changed a thing…
To set it as the standard Editor for your Joomla site, go to the configuration screen and set it as the default editor, save the changes and you are ready to go!
P.s. If You Download and Install ieSpell, You can also do an Editor Spel check inside Joomla!