Google has brought us webmasters a new and exicting tool !
Google Custom Search Engine, with this option you can promote some websites you think should be better found because of the content they have on a the specific subject of your website.
You think they don't get enough results on that special search term, but you know there content is of high quality and they should be in the top results……
Well, now you can help those website to get into the top, on your own search engine that is…
The process of creating and implementing the Google Custom Search Engine is pretty simpel, leave it to Google to make it work that way.
I even placed it in my pathos-seo.com Joomla website without any problems
And there is also a Tutorial on How to Integrate Google CSE Custom Search Engine in Joomla
So, a new cool feature..
But what is in it for Google?
- They get to Us with a new feature we can use, so we give them credit for it , so they create some Goodwill.
- Google gets an extra platform from us to place their Adwords Adsense promotionel links, that brings (us* and) them more money….
- We provide them with highly rated websites on specifick keywords….they analyse their database and find there are some websites with authority that people put into the sites section of there custom search eninge…social networking on a new level…
- The database gives better search results, that benefit us all.
So if your website is stored in the favorites sites section of a Custom Search Engine, does that boost you ranking?
If so, how many links do you need?
How much weight does it get in the long run, and do our Search Engine Optimization technics still bring the same results?
Is it a new factor we should look at as a Blessing, a Tool or a Threat?
* If you have an adsense account and set the right option in your control panel.
Rob Wiltshire says
Thanks for the article. Although, could I recommend that you use a spell-checker before posting! (reposted due to edit: my url was incomplete”)
Rob Wiltshire says
Thanks for the article. Although, could I recommend that you use a spell-checker before posting!